Intego has been around for probably 7+ years now and have been in the lime light for finding MACOSX specific threats. MACOSX is probably one of the most secured OSes, but it's not 100% protected from AV/Trojan/Malware.
Also MACs with no AV/MALWARE detection software, can mistakenly transmit a infected files to other OSes via everyday contact. ( emails, file-sharing, downloading unapproved applications, etc....). Just like with HIV, you should check yourself to ensure your machine is not infecting others.
So it's best practices to install and maintain a AV/Malware protection program. Here's a list of a few vendors that supports MACOSX
Key points to think about;
- macosx can be effective
- AV program should be installed
- you should keep you AV definitions up to date
- regular scans of folder, drives to include remote drives and disk/thumb-drives should be taken
- there's no excuse for not having a AntiVirus installed
- you have few choices for free AV from trusted sources
Freelance Network/Security Engineer
kfelix -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com
=( % % )=