Monday, September 7, 2015

More fortiOS 5.2.4 woes

I spent over  2 days trying to figure out why a fortigate was missing parts of the configuration after a 5.2.4 upgrade. I ran across this CSB from  support@fortinet and now I realize it was not me


The CSB






It seems like fortiOS has left quite a few end-users asking a lot of ????????s

I don't know what's wrong with Fortinet lately but things just don't work or work very badly. We can only hope 5.2.5 fixes a lot of the issues seen in 5.2.4

As usual in any upgrade you should;

   > make backup
   > have re-convert plan
   > download the existing  OS version in case you need to revert
   > monitor post upgrades
   > monitor support for any CSBs

Ken Felix
NSE ( Network Security Expert) and Route/Switching Engineer.
kfelix  -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com

    ^     ^
=(  *  * )=
       o 
      /  \

1 comment: