Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The last of the ASA have been push to asa9.32 and asdm7.3.2

I've upgraded the last of my ASA-5558 clusters and rolled  ASDM-732 out across all devices. I mainly want to explore any backup/restoral options in the ASDM interface and didn't find any.




I was hoping to find a config backup and restore button in the main asdmn interface and so far I have seen any. At one time  I remember a backup option as early as 8.04 or the 1st gen 9.x codes and the ASDMs that was out at that time.






The release notes show the backup/restore is still suppose to be in the ASDM, but I didn't immediately find it. I hardly ever use the asdm due to the cluttering of the Web Interface and items aren't arrange in a very good to find method.




note:  The asdm onboard "help"  shows backup suppose to be still available , but maybe in multi-context mode, we don't have this option






Ken Felix
NSE ( network security expert) and Route/Switching Engineer
kfelix  -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com

     ^      ^
=(  @  @ )=
         o 
        /  \

No comments:

Post a Comment