Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Follow Up, on the ASA "show inv" cmd bug

Will it looks like their was a bug in the ASA codeset.


I was looking at  upgrading my testing ASA5505  a week ago, and finally sat aside some time this morning and upgraded my unit, since the memorial weekend is over & I had some free time on my hands.

So now my  ASA5505 is running  9.1.2 and all is stable. The "show inventory" command, does NOT reload my  firewall;




and now our  ASA show inventory commands;



As with most code, it's only as good as your QA group.

Almost nothing is 100% perfect,  and all code has some type of bugs or hidden problem(s). If your in doubt to the above statement, than login into the cisco software download pages and read the release notes. And  than look at all of the bugs & caveats that are posted for that version of software release.

You got to love software development, and developers :)


Ken Felix
Freelance Network/Security Engineer
kfelix @  hyperfeed   .. com


No comments:

Post a Comment