Here's one FML appliance running a 5.1.x code that will be upgraded to 5.2.6 ( aka build 460 ) .
1: make a backup b4
2: download the code
3: review the md5 checksums
4: execute the upgrade
5: monitor the systems and logs
After a upgrade the basic testings should consist of the following;
- ALL management access methods ( ssh, snmp,etc..)
- ALL interface are pingable that was previously enabled
- Recheck for any open-relay (mxtoolbox )
- recheck that the fortiguard rating ip lookups completes
- ensure that system ntp settings and time/date correct
- Monitor bounce checks for recipient verification
- ANY IBE encryptions profiles
- it's a good time to re-check any SPF and MX records entries for cleanup
- ALL TLS/SSL enable profiles for mail MAs
- Double check for sslv3 disable
- greylist creations
- All AV/AS definitions are up to data!
To learn more about Email Security Appliances, please review the reviews.
FTNT should try to get more "one on one" comparisons, but the fortimail lineup is typically reliable. They make current models from the small FML60 to the 3K platforms. Most of the big server appliance are based off a dell-type of hardware.
NSE ( network security expert) and Route/Switching Engineer
kfelix -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com
=( @ @ )=