Friday, April 3, 2020

IPV6 tunnel and Juniper SRX

My ISP changed address on me, so I had to update my  hurricane electric ipv6 tunnel configuration and figure I would write about the tunnel concept. I've previously written about HE tunnel broker many times in the past

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2014/07/getting-free-ipv6-experience-by-using.html


Hurricane Electric has one of the best free ipv6 tunnel-broker service.  The tunnelbroker.ch is also good and has a simpler interface. The later has less gateway, a simpler interface  but works just the same as HurricaneElectric.

In the JunoSRX you must use the "ip" interface which is proto 41 { IP n IP} for the interface type.


So in the above we have 2 tunnels configured for services unit 0 & 1. I'm using  HE for the local lan and have a /64 prefix available. We are using  ipv6 advertisements for stateless configuration.


This allows my mac , linux, window hosts to acquire a address for the lan.




Now we can test  ipv6 access once my policy has been applied


Here's me testing iv6 dns and my pings to gmail.com




You can use " show security flow session family inet6" to see any ipv6 sessions on the SRX.

I hope this helps .



NSE ( network security expert) and Route/Switching Engineer
kfelix  -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com
     ^      ^
=(  @  @ )=
         o

        /  \

No comments:

Post a Comment