Monday, June 3, 2019

Dangerous email clues

I'm on  o365 email and it's horrible on the amount of  suspicious email that I receive in one day. Take a look at signs of a email received, that's  just  quite frankly bad.



1: The subject line is a dead give way ( Maersk Shipment Information )

2: The body has no  customer feel and use a short "Maersk addressed the below shipment to you."

3: Even the return and receipt line looks poor

4: The biggest danger sign is for me to download a "zipfile"


Now if we look at the mail header, they have one of my  email-address on the from line and sending email to my own account







NSE ( network security expert) and Route/Switching Engineer
kfelix  -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com
     ^      ^
=(  @  @ )=
         o
        /  \


No comments:

Post a Comment