Friday, May 29, 2015

cisco tac android app

I broke down and installed & tried the  cisco tech-support mobile app. This is a good approach  for support and  providing customers access to the vendor support portal.
 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisco.swtg_android&hl=en

We have apps for  everything from weather, news, food sport, airline status, hospital appointments, movie info, ......." heck why not support ? "


I push this andorid app &  installed it on a Samsung Galaxy 12.2" tablet for trial and my 1st attempts at login was a failure.



But soon I was able to login and review support contracts, review open/closed cases & in the same fashion as that of the web acces. I didn't try to open a new case but it looks like you will need to know the serial # and complete some simple search to find the device.



I'm sure plenty of other vendors will start offering a mobile app support tool & the future will see more customer interface tools design around the mobile end-device.


Ken Felix
NSE ( Network Security Expert) and Route/Switching Engineer.
kfelix  -----a----t---- socpuppets ---dot---com

    ^     ^
=(  *  * )=
        o 
       /  \

3 comments:

  1. What model of keyboard is that?
    BTW great post.. I agree the last part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a Samsung 12.2 USB keyboard that I bought in best Buy ( San Antonio Forum ) but you can find it in Amazaon for probably 10-20usd cheaper. I've also used a usb folded-up keyboard with the USB-OTG adapter also.

    Thanks for reading my post.

    ReplyDelete